Thursday, July 2, 2009

23


So here I go off into the great year of 23, well as of Monday of course. I can't help but feel that I haven't actually accomplished my goals thus far. I was hoping to at least have a serious boyfriend by now. Ah well, God has a better plan. But last night I went out and got myself a little early present. I bought a leather journal that was hand made in Tuscany! I LOVE Barnes and Nobles lol, anyway, I've decided that I need to actually do things to get my life where it should be. Prince Charming is not going to just knock on the door one day, but wouldn't that be nice?


I want to do things that scare me, be adventurous and daring and fall deeper in love with my faith. That's why I've decided that for the 365 days I am 23, it will be the year of a journey. I'm going to figure out who I am really and write about every step. I'm very much looking forward to this!


It's the dawn of a new day, and a new me :-D I hope

1 comment:

Shawn Machia said...

Hey Kelly, I feel like you and I are kindred spirits in alot of ways. It encourages me to know I'm not the only one going through spiritual battles like mine. I only wish it were my natural inclination to respond with faith, like you, and not to despair and despondency.

I like the prayer at the end of the Divine Mercy chaplet:

Eternal Father, in whom mercy is infinite and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.