Saturday, July 11, 2009

Reflecting


So the past couple of weeks have been a bit rough for me in on a bunch of different levels. I'm still not happy with the direction my life is going and I am praying to God daily about this. I have faith in Christ that everything will turn out alright and eventually I will be happy. I need to be more open to God's will and I need to try and control things less. I am sooo looking forward to Mass tomorrow and now I also get to go to Adoration for a hour. I haven't been in a long time and am looking forward to turning my phone off, shutting out the world and just spending one on one time with Christ.


At the mall on Friday I came across a ring that I had to buy at JC Penny's. It says "Everything is possible when you have faith." I am going to wear this on a daily basis to remind myself to stand strong in my faith and allow God to take control.


I do feel as though I am suffering though, in ways I can not fully describe or write about. It's difficult to fully express the way I feel especially because I know so many of my other family members and friends are going through the same things. While searching through my Bible tonight, I came across a passage that seemed to shed some light on all this for me:

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that is taking place among you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. but rejoice insofar as you are sharing Christ's sufferings, so that you may also be glad and shout for joy when his glory is revealed. If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the spirit of glory, which is the Spirit of God, is resting on you. But let none of you suffer as a murdere, a thief, a criminal or even as a mischief maker. Yet if any of you suffers as a Christian, do not consider it a disgrace, but glorify God beacuse you bear this name. For the time has come for judgment to being with the household of God; if it begins with us, what will the end for those who do not obey the gospel of God? And "If it is hard for the righteou to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinners?" Therefore, let those suffering in accordance with God's will entrust themselves to a faithful Creator, while continuing to do good. 1 Peter 4 12:19


That's what I need to do, glorify God and suffer in accordance to God's will. I need to trust God because I know he only wants what's best for me. I need to fully entrust myself to God and STOP TRYING TO CONTROL EVERYTHING! especially my "love life" or lack there of, obviously it's not time for me to be with Prince Charming, I need to be patient and trust God's will for the day will come when I get to meet my prince and things will fall into place and it will be good because it will be what God brought together and not something I was "desperately searching for". I won't settle.


God is in control! I'm going to go listen to that song now before bed. I hope that someone else who reads this tonight also finds it helpful. So many of us are in similar boats, my wish is that my random thoughts can help others.


God bless! Love you all!

No comments: