Sunday, August 9, 2009

Refreshed :-D...kind of...


What a blessing was my vacation. For once it actually seemed like a long, enjoyable week full of family. I have much stronger bonds with my cousins now and feel extremely greatful for the chance to get away with my family like that while we are all still here. My family is growing and it's so important to me to get these experiences out of life. The bonds we formed led me to fully believe that my cousins will always be there for me and I them. God blessed me with a truly amazing family.

Duck, NC was awesome, it was like stepping into a small town (a rich and expensive, but still small) all the neighbors were friendly, we could walk to all the stores and even the neighborhood ice cream man waved to us as a snapped his picture. It was picture perfect and the reason why I joyfully left my cell-phone behind in my room the entire time, I attempted to shut out the rest of the world and fully relax, although Adam brought his laptop and I couldn't help but peak on facebook every now and again and of course I had to watch at least an inning of my Orioles baseball every night. What's a girl to do?? Unfortunately we don't live in a world where you can completely cut yourself away from technology, I wish we could, but I degress.

I feel relaxed and refreshed and ready to go but the thought of returning to work still loams in the back of my mind... 7:45 tomorrow morning, I don't know if I'm ready or not, but will throw myself back into my job with a smile. I hate to see my work e-mail though *sigh* as is life, we can't always live in a fantasy world...

The only thing missing from my vacation was my dog. Otherwise I prolly could have stayed forever.

In reference to my previous post, I had thought that I had found an amazing Catholic guy on eharmony and we were talking an I thought things had gone well and now he stopped talking to me... I can't help but feel like I'm a character fresh from He's Just Not That Into You. Story of my life, no guy I'm ever interested in likes me back... oh well, Lord knows I've put my heart out there time and time again. Maybe I should just be a nun, can't get my heart broken that way.

Well I'm going to go watch the video I took of the waves crashing to the shore and pray for my future husband and God's right path for me.

Good night everyone, love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes guys just need a little nudging. It makes it easier for them when they know you are interested in them. I know this makes you make the leap of faith, but it does not hurt to ask some of your friends out. Who knows, one of those friends, after spending time with you will fall for you. And the best part is that not only will you have found a husband, but he will be your best friend also. What a good starting point.

CatholicOrioleGirl said...

I've done that part before to and got hurt, hence my failed last relationship. The only thing I miss was talking to him for 3 hours a night, I miss that bond. I'm old fashioned, if I guy wants to date me, he has to ask me. I wear my heart on my sleeve and for once, I'd like a guy to come along and not crush it.

Shawn Machia said...

Damn right Kelly!