Thursday, June 4, 2009

Contemplating


So can I just throw out there how much I love baseball??? America's greatest pasttime and a heck of a sport?? I am missing it right now, my Orioles are on the West Coast and the games don't come on till 10 and I have to be an "adult" now and have a "real job" so I can't stay up till 2 am watching them... grrr... can I also mention that I've only been to one game this year!?!?! it was opening day and totally rocked...crap I have to send that thank-you card! (sorry alicia, i almost forgot!) geez... side note.. i'm very distractable tonight. I feel like my posts recently have been towards the depressing side and although I am feeling fine, I can't help but feel slightly depressed whenever summer comes along, especially with little siblings in the house and most of your friends still being in school and have a whole summer to do things with till all hours of the night. It would be nice to stay out till 3 and not have to worry about waking up at 6:30 for work, but I have to be realistic, that's not my life anymore, school is behind me (for now anyway). I'm on a path to adulthood, it's scary, and sometimes i feel much older for my age. I want to do something more exciting, any ideas?? hmmm... i dunno. i need to get out of the house on weekends, get out there and do things because obviously Mr. Right isn't just going to come knocking at my door randomly. This isn't the 1700's when men caming courting (though I wish it were, sometimes I feel like I'd fit in better back there). I'm extremely old fashioned and conservative. My sisters call me a "prude" and sometimes even a "nun". I think it's false, since when did it become wrong to dress modestly and not be at the bar every weekend, it's just not my style and I'm not going to change it for anything in the world. That's not me. I'm not comfortable doing the things that most girls do these days (not all, many of us are the exception).


I was watching He's Just Not That Into You last night, LOVE that movie, it is great, lots of insights AND it takes place in Baltimore, I knew that 9 minutes into the movie and if your lucky enough to watch it with me, I'll show you how and where lol. Anyway, and the common thing that the one guy was saying is that most girls are the "rule" and not the "exception" but you know what, I am an exception to every rule by the media's standards and it's a lot of fun to be that way. I sew like my grandmother, I am perfectly fine with doing household work and would love to one day be a housewife, it's just who I am. Reminds me of a lyric, "It's all apart of me, that's who I am" lol anyway, I'm ranting on and on, I just have lots on my mind.


Somewhere out there is my exception to the rule :-D


Anyone want to go to an Orioles game with me?? I want to get a group of people together to go down! It will be soooooooo much fun and you'll see a side of me that's way different lol. Let me know! Go Orioles!

No comments: