Wednesday, November 19, 2008

SNOW


I don't know what it's like where you all live, but in good ol' Pa, the word "snow" tends to stir people into quiet a panic and for me I personally don't see why. Let me explain, to me snow is a symbol of purity, peace and a warm blanket of love. Think I'm nuts? I'm not done yet. While as a child the word "snow" caused me to pray for snow days, time off of school, and new awesome thing to play with. As an adult I still think of it as a playtoy that comes and then melts away, but now I can see that it means so much more. We live in a very hard, sad and troubled time, there is no denying that, when snow comes and covers the ground, it places a warm white blanket of purity over this hard, cruel world and for a moment causes true peace. Everyone stays in, no hussel and bussel, this cruel word "snow" causes us to pause our lives and for a moment take a chance to catch out breaths, because what can you do when snow covers the road? I am actually praying for a blizzard this year, we could really use the blanket of love and purity over our nation right now, we need those moments to pause and breath and love. We NEED "SNOW". Let's all pray.

No comments: